atlanTTic announces the opening of a selection process for a temporary engineer position, as research and development staff for the AIDFORK project.
AIDFORK is a project funded by the Ignicia Program under GAIN’s resolution of the 18th of April 2018, which seeks to promote projects that are in a mature technological state, already beyond the fundamental research phase, through the validation of technology and the subsequent result transfer to the market. AIDFORK develops technology for the forensic analysis of multimedia objects through the characterization of inherent artifacts that are tied to their content either during the acquisition process or after the application of any subsequent manipulation.
Starting Date: June 2019 (negotiable)
Remuneration (gross): depending on specific experience and qualifications of the candidate
Workplace: Signal Processing in Communications Group (GPSC, gpsc.uvigo.es), School of Telecommunications Engineering, University of Vigo
Name of the project: AIDFORK
The candidate will join AIDFORK’s research team to develop forensics tools and will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Experimental validation in realistic scenarios of our forensics tools for automatic image/video forgery detection
- Contribute to improving the performance of the tested tools
- Software implementation of the validated forensics tools
- Degree in Electrical/Telecommunications Engineering or similar.
- Good programming skills on C++, Python e MATLAB.
- Knowledge of image processing tools and libraries at the programming level.
It will be valued in a positive way the knowledge of the libraries: OpenCV and FFmpeg.
- Specific experience (20%)
- Academic background (50%)
- Interview (30%)
The best two candidates will be selected for a physical or on-line interview.
- President: Fernando Pérez-González (Full Professor at University of Vigo)
- Secretary: David Vázquez-Padín (Postdoc Researcher at University of Vigo)
- Member: Pedro Comesaña-Alfaro (Associate Professor at University of Vigo)
Candidates, please send a detailed CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, indicating the position number (i.e., ATL1619) as the subject of the message.
Application deadline: 13:00 CET, May 16th, 2019