Starting date: 16/10/2019
Duration: till 30/04/2020 (it can be extended subject to performance)
Remuneration: 1.600 – 1.800 Euros (gross/month)
Workplace: E.E. Telecommunication, University of Vigo
The Multimedia Technologies Group is seeking a junior researcher/developer to work within the Spanish-funded Project SPEECH&SIGNS. This Project is focused on research and development of algorithmic techniques based on Computer Vision and Deep Learning for the problem of recognizing the Spanish Sign Language from video streams.
- Bachelor or Master of Science in a computer science field, mathematics or Physics
- English proficiency
- Previous work (R&D in a company or a research center) in the fields of computer vision and/or machine learning
- Good skills with statistic tools and programming environments
- Specifically, skills in C/C++, Python, and software libraries like OpenCV, Tensorflow, PyTorch, are very welcome
- Extra credit will be given to candidates with a background in publishing research works in these fieldsn
- Professional background (30%)
- Degrees ans extra courses (50%)
- Interview (20%)
The selection committee might convene the best candidates for a physical or on-line interview.
- Presidente: José Luis Alba Castro, Associate Professor at the Teoría do Sinal e Comunicacións Department of Universidade de Vigo
- Secretario: Laura Docío Fernández, Associate Professor at the Teoría do Sinal e Comunicacións Department of Universidade de Vigo
- Vogal: Carmen García Mateo, Full Professor at the Teoría do Sinal e Comunicacións Department of Universidade de Vigo
Candidates should send their CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please, indicate the above reference in the subject matter.
Application deadline: 21:00 CET, September 29th, 2019