Starting Date: January 2019
Duration: June 2019
Type of contract: Full time (40 hour/week)
Remuneration: gross € 1.500,00 / month
Workplace: School of Industrial Engineering in University of Vigo
This contract is part of the project “Wildfire Picosatellite Constellation & UAVs Remote Sensing: Active fire mapping and management (FireRS – wildFIRE Remote Sensing)” of the “Interreg SUDOE” programme.
The “Interreg Sudoe” programme is part of the European territorial cooperation objective known as Interreg, which is financed by one of the European structural funds: the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF).
The scope of the “FireRS” project is the creation of a tool capable of early detection of forest fires and to provide to the emergency services the images of the fire, location, propagation prediction, etc., all in real time. The FireRS consists of infrared sensors, a fleet of UAVs and a picosatellite full-dedicated to communication between these elements and the control center that will manage the information involved.
The objective of this recruitment is to provide technical assistance in the assembly and testing of the early fire detection system carried out within the framework of the FireRS project.
Description of the position
The activities that the candidate will carry out within the project will focus on:
- Installation of prototypes in test places.
- Collection of the data obtained after the tests and the corresponding reports.
- Technical support in the design of the motion sensor system of the ground sensors.
- Remote sensor detection tests.
- Coordination and presentation of justification documents.
- Studies: In possession of the title of Mechanical Engineer.
- Experience in participating in research projects will be valued.
- CAD Design.
- Experience in project management.
- Candidates must have good interpersonal skills and communication skills. Ability to work autonomously and cooperatively within a diverse and international team.
- Professional experience (up to 50 points)
- Education (up to 30 points)
- Interview (up to 20 points)
Candidates who score more than 50 points in the sections of professional experience and education will be selected to a face-to-face interview or via telematics.
- President: Fernando Aguado Agelet
- Secretary: Pablo Izquierdo Belmonte
- Member: Enrique Casarejos Ruiz
Candidates should send the required documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please, indicate the above reference in the subject matter.
Application deadline: 21:00 CET, November 19th, 2018