Martín Llamas, director of the GIST research group of atlanTTic center, was re-elected vice president of publications in the IEEE Education Society (http://ieee-edusociety.org/contacts/martin-llamas-nistal). Together with Martin, the members of the Board of Governors were also elected: R. Alan Cheville, Lisa G. Huettel, Arnold Neville Pears and Lance C. Pez, and vice president of congresses and workshops, Henrique Santos.
The IEEE Education Society is a society that publishes and coordinates the publication of the following scientific journals:
- IEEE Education Society Transactions on Education (IEEE-TE).
- IEEE Transactions on Learning Technologies (IEEE-TLT) (joint publication with the IEEE Computer Society).
- IEEE-RITA (Latin-American Learning Technologies Journal). In this magazine Martín Llamas is also co-editor.
- The Interface (joint publication with the ASEE Electrical and Computer Engineering Division).
- The IEEE Technology and Engineering Education (formerly The IEEE Multidisciplinary Engineering Education Magazine).
The main publications are IEEE-CHE and IEEE-TLT. Both are included in the JCR, Q2 of SCIE and TLT also in the QCI of SCCI. Next year the Education Society will be the only economic sponsor of the TLT, due to the withdrawal of the Computer Society, although it will continue to be a technology sponsor. As the vice president of publications, the control and supervision of these two JCR magazines appears, with the addition that next year 2018 the new editor-in-chief of both magazines must be called.
Regarding the IEEE-RITA journal, it belongs to the EMERGING SOURCES CITATION INDEX, and we are working to be included in the JCR next year’s meeting.