Starting Date: 01/07/2018
Duration: 5 months.
Contract: Part time (20 hour/week)
Remuneration: 650€ / month (part time)
Workplace: Telecommunication School Building, University of Vigo
This position is part of the “XHS Platform” project funded by the “IGNICIA Proof of Concept” programme of the Galician Innovation Agency (GAIN).
The goal of the “IGNICIA Proof of Concept” programme is to bring the technology developed by knowledge institutions to the market. The “XHS Platform” project aims to prepare the multimission platform for nanosatellites developed by the University of Vigo from 2008 to be commercialized.
This position is opened to initiate young professionals in the “XHS Platform” project related technology and train them in its use.
The activities executed by the candidate are distributed in two phases. A first phase when the candidate will be trained in the nanosatellites technology, its sector and the technology developed by the University of Vigo’s Aerospace Group. And a second phase when the candidate will be integrated in Integration and Verification (AIV) team to collaborate in the execution of their activities, including:
- Support to the strategy definition for the verification of the components of the satellites.
- Validation process execution of those components.
- Collaboration in the integration of the satellites.
- Support to the definition of the environmental tests campaign (thermos vacuum cycling and vibration).
- Degree: Master or bachelor degree in Aerospace Eng., Telecommunications Eng., Electronics Eng., Industrial Eng. or similar (graduated or last year).
- English: B2 level recommended (spoken and written).
- Experience in the use of laboratory instrumentation (Power supplies, multimeter, oscilloscope, etc.).
- Good interpersonal and communication skills. Autonomous and cooperative work skills in an international and diverse team.
- High motivation for learning new knowledge and interested in technology.
- Curriculum vitae (20%)
- Specific Experience (30%)
- Interview (50%)
The commission will select 3 candidates for a physical or on-line interview.
- President: Fernando Aguado Agelet (Professor, Signal Theory and Communications at University of Vigo)
Candidates should send the required documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please, indicate the above reference in the subject matter.
Application deadline: 21h00 CET, June 14th, 2018