Starting Date: September 2018
Duration: until June 2019
Contract: Full time (40 hours/week)
Remuneration: gross 2.400,00 € per month
Workplace: School of Industrial Engineering, Universidade de Vigo
This contract is part of the project “Wildfire Picosatellite Constellation & UAVs Remote Sensing: Active fire mapping and management (FireRS – wildFIRE Remote Sensing)” of the “Interreg SUDOE” programme.
The “Interreg Sudoe” programme is part of the European territorial cooperation objective known as Interreg, which is financed by one of the European structural funds: the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF).
The scope of the “FireRS” project is the creation of a tool capable of early detection of forest fires and to provide to the emergency services the images of the fire, location, propagation prediction, etc., all in real time. The FireRS consists of infrared sensors, a fleet of UAVs and a picosatellite full-dedicated to communication between these elements and the control center that will manage the information involved.
The purpose of this contract is the SRS and PSD simulation of the picostellite, the design of the mechanisms of the solar panels and antennas, as well as the motion system of the land sensors that are integrated within the FIRE-RS project.
Description of the Role in the Position
The activities that the candidate will carry out within the project are focused on:
- Shock Response Spectrum (SRS) simulation using the finite element method in picosatellites.
- Random Vibration simulation using the finite element method in picosatellites.
- Design of mechanisms of antennas and solar panels in picosatellites using rapid prototyping.
- Design of the motion system of the land sensors.
- Support in the validation tests (System Validation Tests).
- Studies: In possession of the title of Mechanical Engineer or similar.
- Spanish: Spoken and written communication skills. Recommended at least B2 level.
- Galician: Spoken and written communication skills. Recommended at least B2 level.
- English: Spoken and written communication skills. Recommended at least B2 level.
- Experience in the participation in research projects.
- Knowledge in nonlinear and in the frequency domain FEM simulations.
- Knowledge in the analysis and synthesis of mechanisms.
- Knowledge in manufacturing by additive manufacturing methods.
- Candidates must have good interpersonal skills and communication skills. Ability to work autonomously and cooperatively within a diverse and international team.
- Professional experience (up to 50 points)
- Education (up to 30 points)
- Interview (up to 20 points)
Candidates who score more than 50 points in the sections of professional experience and education will be selected to a face-to-face interview or via telematics.
- President: Fernando Aguado Agelet
- Secretary: Pablo Izquierdo Belmonte
- Member: Enrique Casarejos Ruiz
Those candidates interested should contact through the address firstname.lastname@example.org. Please, indicate the above reference in the subject matter.
Application deadline: August 3rd 2018, 21:00 CET