Expected contract start date: from 01/10/2020 (if possible)
End date: 31/05/2021, with an option to extend it
Type of contract: Temporary contract
Gross yearly salary: EUR 21,000 – 25,000 EUR, base don merits
Location: E.E. de Telecomunicación, Campus da Universidade de Vigo and remote working in required
The selected candidate will work as researching staff in the following areas:
a) Developing and implementing electromagnetic inversión codes base don Sinthetic Opening Rada and Compressive Sensing
b) Characterization measurements of radar systems
c) Integrating acquisition systems (data capture and recording) in the lab for specific applications linked to the measurement of communication and radar signals.
d) Integration of acquisition systems for field measurements base don embedded systems
e) Implementation of electromagnetic inversion codes using FPGAs
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in áreas of Telecommunications Engineering.
- Fluent English.
- Experience in software development for processing and simulating electromagnetic data in MATLAB and Python multiplatform (Windows and Linux).
- Knowledge of embedded systems based in microcontrolers and Raspberry Pi/Arduino systems.
- C, C++, Python, OpenCV programming.
- SDR knowledge.
- Handling of basic instruments (osciloscope, power sources) and advanced (spectrum analyzers, network analyzers).
- Experience performing HW/SW test son single components and integrated with other elements.
- Experience with drones or other robotic systems.
- Specialized knowledge of signa processing.
- Highly motivated and interested in technology.
- Commercial initiative
- Experience in integration of acquisition systems and synchronized aggregation of data sources (digitalized signals, geopositioning data and inertia units, video/images).
- Research experience in the scope of the job (50%)
- Training (30%)
- Other professional experience and interview evaluation (if applicable) (30%)
The committee, if necessary, may preselect candidates to carry out an interview either in person or via teleconferencing tools.
- President: Antonio Pino García, Signal Theory and Communications Professor at the University of Vigo
- Secretary: Marcos Arias Acuña, Signal Theory and Communications Tenured Professor at the University of Vigo
- Member: Oscar Rubiños López, Signal Theory and Communications Professor at the University of Vigo
Candidates must send their CV and an introductory letter (PDF format, 2 pages max.), to email@example.com, quoting the reference “Investigador posdoutoral en sistemas radar e inversión electromagnética” in the subject.
Application deadline: 10 natural days from the publication of the vacancy.