Number of positions available: 1
Type of contract: Temporary
Job status: Part-time Hours
Per Week: 20h/week
Envisaged starting Date: 16/03/2021
Employment Period: 15/09/2021
Salary: 800 € Gross/month
Location: E.E de telecomunicación, Universidade de Vigo
Within the context of the ELE project funded by the European Commission (PPPA-LANGEQ-2020), the Multimedia Research Group (GTM), part of the atlanTTic Research Center, seeks to hire an engineer to carry out research on the subject of multilingual speech technologies. He or she will contribute to the main tasks of the project:
- The study of the state of art in speech and language technology for Galician
- The development of a strategic research, innovation and deployment agenda to achieve digital language equality in Europe by 2030
- Creation a European LT platform for sharing of services
- University degree in Telecommunication Technology Engineering
- Suitable education profile to be enrolled as PhD Student in DocTIC PhD Programme
- Expertise on speech technology development
- Good programming skills
- Good communication skills, highly motivated and able to work in a scientific team
- Good skills in English
- Education (40%)
- Professional experience (30%)
- Interview (30%)
The committee may interview candidates with the maximum professional and education scores by a face-to-face or remote meeting.
- President: Carmen García Mateo, Full professor. Signal theory and communications. Universidade de Vigo
- Secretary: Laura Docío Fernández, Associated professor. Signal theory and communications. Universidade de Vigo
- Member: José Luis Alba Castro, Full professor. Signal theory and communications. Universidade de Vigo
Those interested should send their CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, indicating the reference of the position in the subject.
Application deadline: 21:00 CET, 3 March, 2021.
At the end of the application submission period, a provisional list of admitted and excluded applicants will be release by its publication at the website of the atlanTTic research center website (https://atlanttic.uvigo.es). A period of 3 days will be opened to correct the errors and send the requested documentation. The definitive list of admitted and excluded applicants will be release after the foresaid claim period.
The Selection Committee that will assess the merits presented by the applicants will be composed by researches involved in the project. Once the selection process is completed, the provisional results with the score list of the selected candidates will be release, starting a new claims period of 3 days. Considering the claims or after the claims period expiration, the Selection Committee will release the final results. Provisional and definitive lists will be published on the atlanTTic research center website. The Selection Committee, if necessary, may set up a waiting list of applicants with the best-rated scores to meet the potential needs arising from the project. In case of evidence of the inadequacy of the merits of the applicants to the profile object of the call the Selection Committee may declare the call deserted.