The MWP4SPACE Doctoral Network will train the next generation of specialists in Integrated Microwave Photonic (IMWP) devices and systems in the framework of satellite and space applications. They will gain skills to integrate compact photonic and radio frequency (RF) circuits, and cutting-edge knowledge of photonic integrated circuit (PIC) design, fabrication, packaging, validation, and qualification, both at the device and system level – competences for which there is a fast-growing demand in the global satellite industry, but that are rarely taught in an integrated training program. MWP4SPACE will offer a unique education program for 15 young researchers structured in research projects and network-wide training activities and delivered by 6 European Universities, 1 non-profit academic research institution and 9 companies which are world-class references in both photonics and space technologies.
atlanTTic is the Research Center for Telecommunication Technologies driven by the Universidade de Vigo (Galicia, Spain). Located at the Vigo University campus. With more than 150 professionals, it carries out intensive research and transfer activities, and participates in several H2020 projects, having been awarded with several prizes and recognitions. We combine research excellence with high technological knowledge transfer abilities, as proven by the around 40 R&I active projects and contracts last year.
Research Field> Engineering » Computer engineering
Education Level> Master Degree or equivalent
- Bachelor or Masters degree graduate’ with a strong background in physics, software programming, photonics engineering or exact sciences. Precise academic requirement dependent on the academic institution of enrolment.
- Candidates are expected to speak and write English fluently.
- Applicants must comply with the usual MSCA eligibility and mobility rules.
- Please provide transcripts of the marks you have already achieved with your application as well as your MSc Thesis topic and title.
- Ability to plan and organise own workload effectively
- Developing ability to conduct individual research work and to disseminate results
- Ability to work both independently and as part of an interdisciplinary team
- Ability to tackle complex problems
The selected candidates will be employed with a fulltime contract. The salary follows the Marie Curie-Skłodowska DN funding Scheme. On top of the regular compensation, an extra allowance will be available to cover mobility expenses. The living allowance will be subject to a country correction coefficient, according to the hosting country. Applicants may also be eligible for a family allowance. Therefore, the exact gross salary will be confirmed upon appointment.
Researchers must have not been awarded a doctoral degree.
Full-time equivalent research experience’ is measured from the date when the researcher obtained the degree entitling him/her to embark on a doctorate.
Researchers may not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in the country of their host organisation for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately before the recruitment date.
Important remark : This is a Call for expressions of interest for 15 PhD positions for researchers willing to join us through a MSCA-DN.
The Universidade de Vigo has his own official application process, hiring on the basis of merit and is strongly committed to equity and diversity within its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The process has the following stages (chronologically):
- The candidate submits an expression of interest (EoI) (deadline: 31 January 2023)
- Once the official application process starts, we will send an email to the candidate, who will proceed to the submission of his/her formal application. Please, bear in mind that the application process is mandatory and will only be open for 5 working days.
- The selection committee will evaluate only the received candidatures through the official application procedure and will announce the shortlist of candidates that will pass to the next stage.
- The shortlisted candidates will be interviewed online by the committee.
- The selected candidate will be notified as soon as possible after the interviews.
- Offer Starting Date: 01 April 2023
Application requirements for EoI: Applicants should provide an up-to-date CV, letter of motivation, and the names and contact details of two referees who are qualified to comment on your scientific track record and expertise. Send the documents needed for your application to: email@example.com
Consult all the information in the following link.