Organisation/Company: Univerisdade de Vigo
Localitation: Vigo, Spain
PRESELECTION OF THE CANDIDATES OF THE UNIVERSITY OF VIGO FOR «RESEARCH TALENT ATTRACTION PROGRAM-XUNTA DE GALICIA» 2020
The Department of Education, Universities and Training of Xunta de Galicia is preparing a call of research contracts, on a competitive process, to attract and retain research talent in the category of distinguished research staff in the University System of Galicia (SUG).
The call for the «Research Talent Attraction Program» will allow the submission of a maximum of 10 applications per Galician University. Therefore, the University of Vigo launches a process of pre-selection in order to prepare the applications to compete with the rest of Galician Universities.
Objective of the Research Talent Attraction Program
The aim of the Xunta de Galicia program is the attraction of excellent postdoctoral researchers and their incorporation into the SUG research structures.
The objective of this pre-selection process opened by the University of Vigo is to select 10 research candidates to submit an application to the «Research Talent Attracting Program».
Characteristics of the contracts
Each contract will consist in the hiring of a distinguished researcher for a maximum of 4 years that cannot be extended.
The maximum annual amount of each grant is € 91,000:
– € 50,000 in salary and social costs
– € 40,000 for the development of the research line. A 20% of indirect costs must be subtracted from this amount.
According to the call, these contracts will take into account the relative weight of women in the proposals presented in order to enhance their number and to reduce the imbalance between women and men researchers in the SUG.
Who can submit an application?
Those interested in submitting an application must accomplish the following requirements:
1. To be in possession of a doctoral degree, obtained after January 1, 2007. In case of having more than one PhD, this requirement shall refer to the first obtained.
In the case of foreign titles, the candidate must prove the corresponding equivalence certificate or present the credential of the doctoral degree approval, at the time of signing the contract.
2. To have a minimum of 4 years of postdoctoral experience, of which at least two years are abroad (they will not count the stays in the country of birth, or nationality, nor in which the candidate obtained the bachelor’s degree, or equivalent) that must be duly accredited through contracts and / or grants.
3. The candidate has not been hired by a SUG university or another Galician research center under any contract modality in the previous 24 months to the deadline for submitting applications.
Deadline for submission and documentation
The deadline for submitting applications will end on December 18, 21:00 h, CET. Candidates should send all the requested information to email@example.com.
The documentation that must be submitted is:
– Application form according to the model provided, in which the 5 most relevant merits of his/her research career should be highlighted.
– Copy of ID or passport.
– Copy of the doctor’s degree.
– Declaration of the postdoctoral experience (4 years) according to the model provided.
– Declaration of not having been hired by any Galician public investigation organism in the previous 24 months according to the model provided.
– Summary of CV merits.
– Curriculum vitae, preferably according to the standardized model on the website https://cvn.fecyt.es/.
If you are selected as a candidate, the postdoctoral experience must be accredited and each of the presented merits must be justified to submit the application at the Xunta de Galicia.
The applications will be evaluated by a Commission created in the research center (atlanTTic) according to the following scale:
– Scientific contributions: 0 to 40 points.
– Participation in R + D + i programs, projects or contracts: 0 to 15 points.
– Other curricular merits: 0 to 5 points. Any other contribution not included in the previous sections, including scientific dissemination activities, will be assessed.
Preselection process resolution
Once the candidatures have been evaluated, the Commission will publish the results of the preselection process, including the name of the selected candidates with the score obtained and a waiting list ordered by score.
To finalize the process, the University of Vigo will publish a list of the 10 selected candidates and will start to collaborate with them to submit applications to the «Research Talent Attracting Program». It should be taken into account that a selected candidate may only apply for a single Galician university.